Click Here – IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM FR. ARIEL ABOUT THE START OF A MODIFIED RE-OPENING OF OUR PARISH BEGINNING THE WEEKEND OF JUNE 20-21, 2020. There are some protocols that will be implemented for your health and safety which are of paramount importance to us. These parish norms, which are reflective of the Diocese of Tucson Guidelines, will be revisited periodically to ensure their relevance and efficacy. Be sure to read the entire document at the link above for details.
FIRST MASS OF THANKSGIVING
Saturday, June 20 at 4PM
Please join our newly ordained priest, Fr. Peter Pedrasa as he celebrates his first Mass of Thanksgiving in our Parish. (His Ordination to the Priesthood will be held at St. Augustine’s Cathedral in Tucson Saturday morning, June 6, 2020 at 10am).
As announced, Fr. Peter will come to serve at St. Anthony’s as Parochial Vicar starting July 1st.
Let us show our support and welcome to Fr. Peter as we thank the Lord for sharing with him the gift of vocation which in itself by a sacred commitment, he will share with the Church through life of prayer and priestly ministry.
Please keep him in your prayers.
All classes and school activities have been canceled. The date to resume classes will be determined at a later date. Teachers will be preparing students’ school work.
Please refer to the Diocese of Tucson website www.diocesetucson.org for complete details.
School Mission Statement
Saint Anthony of Padua Catholic School Family is committed
to fostering strong faith, academic excellence, and selfless service.
Welcome to Saint Anthony of Padua Catholic School!
We invite you to explore our Preschool and K-8, faith-based academic community and learn about our dedicated instructors and our fantastic students on this website. We are a small peaceful school that focuses on developing the whole child through cognitive, physical, social, and spiritual instruction. Our curriculum provided by the Diocese of Tucson is fully aligned to Arizona Academic Standards, Catholic instruction, as well as Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science, Physical Education, Computers, and the Fine Arts. Our parents are very involved in our school as volunteers and active participants in their children’s academic and religious education. Please feel free to contact the school so that we can arrange a visit.
Student Learning Expectations
P – Person of Faith
- Respectfully participates in the Catholic Church teachings and practices
- Demonstrates respect for God, others, self, and all creation
- Uses decision making skills based on Christian values to inform his/her conscience
A – Active Learner
- Self-motivated to achieve personal best
- Applies knowledge across the curriculum and real-life situations
- Sees tasks to completion
D – Dedicated to Service
- Serving sincerely
- Embraces the spirit of service within the church and community
- Know and practice the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy
U – Universal Citizen
- Contributes to the positive growth of the school and greater community
- Demonstrates respect and tolerance for self, others, place, and property
- Respect for God’s creation
A – Articulate Communicator
- Clearly expresses ideas using verbal and non-verbal forms of communication
- Uses Christian values when using technology, social media, and mass communication
- Effectively communicates to a variety of audiences
2020-2021 School Year